Wizmo: Have Windows go to sleep on commad

on Thursday, December 24, 2009

I can’t find the original blog post which pointed out Wizmo. But, it’s a command line utility which handles a lot of the shutdown/restart/sleep mode capabilities of windows. I needed it to turn my monitors off when I leave home.

When I go out I like to turn off my monitors. It would be nice to think I was saving electricity, but really I just want to save the monitors. Unfortunately, when I turn off the monitors all of my open windows rearrange themselves onto a single screen. My setup isn’t normal, so I wouldn’t expect for any software or hardware vendor to accommodate it.

However, Wizmo is able to handle the problem. By creating a simple desktop shortcut, I can turn off all the screens without any of the problems which DisplayPort creates.

The command line shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizmo\wizmo.exe" monoff


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License
This site uses Alex Gorbatchev's SyntaxHighlighter, and hosted by herdingcode.com's Jon Galloway.